If you're not one for arts and crafts, this may just change your mind! Creating vision boards is easy, relaxing, and inspiring! Whether you choose to use an online platform or physical materials, there are endless options! So how to begin? Let's do this!
First things first. Gather your materials. Some basic things to start with include:
glue or mod podge
base paper (cardstock or any kind will do)
When it comes to materials, get creative! You can incorporate 3D objects, fabric, and polaroids. If you're working with kids, find some age-appropriate materials that will get them excited like stickers, pom-poms, and finger paint. It's all about what matches your style so get crazy with it!
1. Start browsing! Cut out anything that catches your eye. You never know what you might want later on! If a theme comes to mind, go with it! You could focus on summer fashion finds, your dream vacation, or even a goal of yours.
2. Once you have a good variety of options cut out, organize them on your base paper.This step is all about layering, but there shouldn't be any pressure at all. The composition doesn't have to be perfect. Imperfection makes it unique and you can always switch it up if it doesn't look right to you.
3. Now paste! We like using glue sticks to put everything in place and then follow it with a thin layer of Mod Podge over top it all for a glossed over look. You can apply Mod Podge with a regular paint brush, just make sure to wash your brush right after you're done using it to avoid ruining it. If you don't have Mod Podge, simply skip this step. A glue stick will do the job just fine!
4. Time for the finishing touches! We're talking paint, fingerprints, and ink drawings. Add in some shapes, lines, or flowers. This part makes it personal and unique to your personality!
5. Viola! Let it dry and you're done! If you find your paper wrinkling from all of the glue, wait for it to dry completely, then place your paper under some heavy books overnight to flatten.
6. Hang it and be inspired!
Here's another example of one of our recent vision boards that we're vibing with these days:
We hope you've discovered a new-found love for creating vision boards! Our favorite thing to add - a chick flick! Put on something cheesy and give yourself time to let go and get those creative juices flowing. We can't wait to see what you come up with!
Kortni Jeane + Team