2. Drop off a hot meal or pre-prepped meal they can pop in the oven at their leisure - again, this is a lifesaver because mama's too busy resting + taking care of baby to have the time to cook a meal.
3. Take their other kids - whether it’s for a couple hours or a whole day, get those kiddos out of the house to give mama time to rest or do whatever the heck she wants. Self-care is number one, but it can be difficult to take time for yourself when you have a newborn AND other cute kiddos to watch over.
4. Send kind messages to mama - whether that be a quick text, note or even a simple thinking of you, mama will appreciate the love. Postpartum can feel lonely even when you are surrounded by loved ones. Make it a point to say how much you love that new mama! Saying you love mama will mean the world to mama and remind her that she’s not alone.
5. Pamper mama - If you do hair or nails, offer your services to mama! It’s a win-win! Not only do you get to chat and visit baby, you also help mama feel pampered. Feeling beautiful and taken care of is a much needed service in the craziness of having a newborn and postpartum emotions that follow.
6. Newborn Photoshoot - Mama is obsessed with one thing and one thing only: her newborn. So why not offer up your professional skills and offer to take newborn photos, mama + newborn photos, etc. Or if she already had photos taken, make a point to offer your time in printing, framing, and hanging those portraits. Mama will appreciate the help and will love showing off her babe.
7. Pay for a Streaming Subscription - mama is going to be home with her newborn baby and she’s going to be exhausted. What's better than being able to binge-watch shows in your down time? If mama doesn’t have a particular streaming service, where she can binge watch various movies and tv shows, offer to pay for one until she can be out and about again. She’ll appreciate the new options for entertainment and will make use of it often! You may be her new best friend after this one!
- Pink Stork Recovery Tea
- Baobei Maternity Bralettes
- Primally Pure Jasmine Body Oil
- Tubby Todd Belly Oil
- Hatch Collection Belly Oils
- Kopari Beauty Coconut Melts
- Herbal Perineal Spray
- Nursing Covers - Copper Pearl
- Burp Cloths - these ones are from Little Unicorn or make your own because homemade is so special
- ToteSavvy Diaper Bag Organizers
- Briar Handmade Bonnets