Interview with Jenny Wecker from Fawn Design
Jenny Wecker is the founder and creator of the successful diaper bag company, Fawn Design
. Jenny has created a functional, high-quality diaper bag with a minimalist look. Starting her business as a side-gig to start making some extra cash, Jenny hand-sew every single bag (while working full-time & pregnant!) during her first year of business in 2014. She couldn't keep up with the demand of orders, so her and her husband decided to find a manufacturer. Now, They both work full-time on Fawn Design.
Not only is Jenny a very successful business woman, but she is a mom to 2 under 2 and one of the nicest, most genuine people you'll meet. Check out our interview with Jenny and her experiences with motherhood!
How many kids do you have? What are their ages?
If you and your children could get out of the house right now and do one fun thing in your KJ swimmers, what would you do and where would it be?
- I have 2 daughters— Georgia (almost 2) and June (8 months).
What aspect of motherhood brings you the greatest joy?
- We would go to Hawaii! That is our happy place!!!
What is a challenge you are facing right now in motherhood? What are you doing to stay positive and/or find a solution during this challenge?
- Watching my children learn new things! Also, I love when Georgia gives me hugs or holds my hand!
How is your parenting style different now than it was when you were a first-time mom?
- I'm trying to be better about not worrying about my business when my kids are awake and be with them! I try hard to not put guilt on myself when I have to work and tell myself, I am doing my best!
What is one thing you said you would NEVER do as a parent, and now you do all the time?
- I am A LOT more laid back! I used to get Georgia dressed in a full outfit (bow & shoes) when she was a baby. Now June is usually always in PJ's haha! I am also less anxious about leaving the house.
- Let Georgia watch TV or play on the iPad! I said I wouldn't let her until she was at least 3! Unfortunately, we give in from time to time.
If you had to teach your kids just ONE thing that stuck with them forever, what would it be & why?
If you had to give one word of advice to your first-time-mom self, what would it be?
- That I love them & that I'm always so proud of who they are! I think parents worry too much and don't express how they feel about their kids enough.
A woman's body changes a lot going in and out of pregnancies, breastfeeding and the daily demands of being a mom. You give so much of yourself to your little ones. How do you keep yourself physically, mentally, emotionally and/or spiritually healthy?
- Freaking relax!! It's all going to be okay! AND it's definitely okay to just stay in bed all day sometimes.
At times in your life when you haven't felt comfortable in your own skin, what did you do to gain more confidence in yourself?
- I am actually not great at this! I feel like I put myself last 99% of the time. I've been trying to be better about thinking how I want to be able to keep up with my kids. So, I need to take time to exercise for them and myself! As a family, we've been trying to eat healthier. With our schedule, it's sometimes hard to cook at home, so we try and pick healthy options when we eat out.
You run a business AND are a full-time mom. How do you balance the two?
- I try really hard to think about what is really important to me, and live my life with those things at the center of my thoughts and actions. Occasionally, I also like to treat myself to a new pair of Vans or a button-up. That always helps me feel confident.
- I don't! And I don't put pressure on myself to find a balance. I just wake up everyday and try my very best!
xoxo, Kortni Jeane + Team