Have you noticed a change in your skin with the changing of seasons? We sure have! It’s wild how our skin often seems to get drier and flakier in the cold winter months. But it makes sense. Cold air, dry indoor heat, and low humidity levels can all zap our skin of moisture. The result? Our skin looks a lot less radiant than usual, on our face, hands, feet, and anywhere else that is exposed to the elements. Today we’ve put together the ultimate quick list of things you can do to keep your skin looking healthy, even when the temperature dips. Take a look!
- Hydrate from the inside (drink lots and lots of water)
- Apply moisturizer right after a bath/shower/washing
- Avoid dryer sheets + use sensitive skin detergent
- Take short, cold showers (long showers + hot water can dry out your skin)
- Use skin cream with ingredients like urea, ceramides, and hyaluronic acid
- Apply natural oils, like mineral oil, vitamin E, coconut oil, and seed oil
- Use a humidifier at home
- Use sunscreen daily, even in the winter (even cold months have harmful UV light)
- Use natural, overnight treatments (emollients are great for moisturizing)
- Adjust your skin care routine (gentle cleansers at night, SPF in the morning)
- Go easy on exfoliants + scrubs (over exfoliating leaves your skin looking dry)
- Wear gloves (outside and when washing the dishes)
Goodbye dry skin, hello healthy hydrated glow! It’s common to experience dry, flaky skin in the winter - but why settle for it when these easy tips + tricks can help us retain that healthy glow?! What else do you do to help keep your skin hydrated through the cold months? Drop your suggestions in the comments below!
Kortni + Team