Jenny Wecker is the founder and creator of the successful diaper bag company, Fawn Design. Jenny has created a functional, high-quality diaper bag with a minimalist look. Starting her business as a side-gig to start making some extra cash, Jenny hand-sew every single bag (while working full-time & pregnant!) during her first year of business in 2014. She couldn't keep up with the demand of orders, so her and her husband decided to find a manufacturer. Now, They both work full-time on Fawn Design.
Not only is Jenny a very successful business woman, but she is a mom to 2 under 2 and one of the nicest, most genuine people you'll meet. Check out our interview with Jenny and her experiences with motherhood!
How many kids do you have? What are their ages?
- I have 2 daughters— Georgia (almost 2) and June (8 months).
- We would go to Hawaii! That is our happy place!!!
- Watching my children learn new things! Also, I love when Georgia gives me hugs or holds my hand!
- I'm trying to be better about not worrying about my business when my kids are awake and be with them! I try hard to not put guilt on myself when I have to work and tell myself, I am doing my best!
- I am A LOT more laid back! I used to get Georgia dressed in a full outfit (bow & shoes) when she was a baby. Now June is usually always in PJ's haha! I am also less anxious about leaving the house.
- Let Georgia watch TV or play on the iPad! I said I wouldn't let her until she was at least 3! Unfortunately, we give in from time to time.
- That I love them & that I'm always so proud of who they are! I think parents worry too much and don't express how they feel about their kids enough.
- Freaking relax!! It's all going to be okay! AND it's definitely okay to just stay in bed all day sometimes.
- I am actually not great at this! I feel like I put myself last 99% of the time. I've been trying to be better about thinking how I want to be able to keep up with my kids. So, I need to take time to exercise for them and myself! As a family, we've been trying to eat healthier. With our schedule, it's sometimes hard to cook at home, so we try and pick healthy options when we eat out.
- I try really hard to think about what is really important to me, and live my life with those things at the center of my thoughts and actions. Occasionally, I also like to treat myself to a new pair of Vans or a button-up. That always helps me feel confident.
- I don't! And I don't put pressure on myself to find a balance. I just wake up everyday and try my very best!
xoxo KJ Team